Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 14

Today is day 14 of not smoking and I’ve finally come to the realization that I won’t be smoking again. You may think that’s a daft thing to say after just two weeks and just a few weeks back I would have agreed with you. But that was before I properly tried out an e-cig. The things are excellent, delivering nicotine as a vapour to your lungs without all the other horrible stuff you get from a tobacco cigarette. Also, upon seeing more of these devices and enjoying the enthusiasm of what seems to be a massive growing subculture, I’m hooked. I mean, how can I resist e-cigs that look like a sonic screwdrivers?

Update:
It's also worth mentioning for those who have tried e-cigs in the past and not been impressed, that these devices have come on in leaps and bounds. They are no longer like trying to suck a pea up a straw, give a good volume of vapour and a good hit. 

Of course the question I’m now asking myself is can I give up vaping … and will I want to? 


3 comments:

Grim's Reality said...

Just bought a V2 Starter kit online ... to finally kill the one or two per day (in times of dire stress) and to making drinking beer less of a trauma.

Just met a bloke outside from the post room, 19 weeks since he smoked his last fag I saw him Vaping. I'd love to be able to say the same. Thanks for the public service blogs of the last fortnight.

Phil M said...

congratulations!
now about all those spare packets of baccy you don't need, I'll recycle them for you

Neal Asher said...

I got one of these http://www.shopecigarette.co.uk/mini-protank connected it to this battery http://www.shopecigarette.co.uk/e-vod-battery used this e-liquid http://www.shopecigarette.co.uk/e-liquids/usa-mix-e-liquid-20ml - the medium version. The only thing I forgot was the battery charger which I've since ordered. It's bloody excellent.