Saturday, January 14, 2012

The New Space Opera

I do have a bad habit with anthologies I’ve been published in. I tend to receive them then stick them on a shelf as eye-candy yet, of course, they probably contain lots of stories I would like to read. The other day I changed that habit by picking up The New Space Opera edited by Gardner Dozois and Jonathan Strahan. It contains a story by me called Shell Game, and has been sitting on my shelf since 2009. I did enjoy this and out of the 19 stories enclosed there were only two I didn’t finish and maybe only a couple more I finished with a ‘meh’. Particular highlights for me were the stories by Robert Charles Wilson, Peter Watts, Kristine Kathryne Rusch, Jay Lake, Sean Williams, John Meaney, Elizabeth Moon and John Scalzi.

4 comments:

robann said...

Not on Kindle!

vaudeviewgalor raandisisraisins said...

some great stuff in here from what i remember.

Alpharius said...

I'll take this as a recommendation to pick it up then! (Of course since you're in it, well, that certainly helps!)

As my favorite SF author, I'll head towards where you point...

Alpharius said...
This comment has been removed by the author.